Accommodation in Singapore – Sofitel City Centre
This time we wanted to give some comments on our hotel’s choice as well. Although we always rate our hotel stays on TripAdvisor.com, we thought it might be useful for the reader to learn what were the reasons of our hotel choice or how the reality matched our expectations i.e. the issues which not always can be reflected in an objective hotel review / rating.
1. The first reason to chose this property is because it is brand new. Even the taxi drivers don’t know it yet so be prepared to have the exact address in your hand (Wallich St.).
2. The rooms are very spacious (38 square meters) and very comfortable.
3. The metro station Tanjong Pagar, the shopping mall and the mini-market are located 10 steps from hotel’s door.
4. Chinatown and the local food court (on the way to Chinatown) can be reached within 7-minutes walking distance.
5. Breakfasts are excellent and the pool area makes it possible to enjoy relaxing holidays in the middle of the big city.
6. Drinks at the lobby bar are delicious and not overpriced.
7. Staff are very nice and helpful. I like the system of luggage delivery to the room while making check-in formalities at the reception. When you are done, everything is ready on the right place in the room.